Position : Logistics Officer.
Location : Nairobi
Salary Range : 40K – 50K.
This position will provide leadership to develop, support and implement logistics programs to meet or exceed business objectives .
- Oversees scheduling and dispatch of operations for vehicles and drivers for effective operation and program support.
- Develops and maintains vendor and service provider relationships for fuel, Repairs, maintenance, and other fleet essential services.
- Ensure country fleet insurance policy coverage are secure & Valid and participates in accident claim follows.
- Develops and implements safety, preventive maintenance, and accident.
- Prevention programs. Knowledge of OSHA and fleet-specific regulations, licensing, registration, and reporting requirements.
- Manages the fleet reporting and analysis.
- Monitor fuel consumption and check fuel cards/accounts.
- Keep up with government rules and regulations; also ensure country fleet tax requirements are met.
- Creates and Maintains driver files.
- Maintain vehicle purchase, Repair, maintenance & movement/Log sheet records.
- Conducts vehicle inspections and risk assessments.
- Ensure drivers comply with recommended driving hours.
- Develop and implement long term plans to optimize fleet and logistic solutions by coordinating efforts within the organization.
- Govern logistics regulatory and hazardous materials requirements
- All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals with respect to Logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in logistics
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated success in leading projects and teams
- Ability to drive results while working in a matrix environment and through developing and empowering individuals and teams
- Managerial courage with good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
Qualified and interested candidates should share their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Logistics Officer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.