Location : Kisumui.
A leading and reputable company seeks to fill the vacant position of Garage Supervisor based in Kisumu. The Garage Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the assigned garage and the coordination of mechanics and handymen for motor vehicles and related auto equipment.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assists plans, organizes and coordinates the day-to-day running of the garage. This is by planning work orders and by arranging for garage staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicle;
- Supervises and coordinates activities of both mechanical and electronic mechanics engaged in repairing, adjusting, servicing, and motor vehicles. Assist in planning and organizing preventive maintenance and delegate specific tasks to the mechanics;
- Assists in estimating costs and time required for repair or maintenance of the vehicle and provides instruction to mechanics regarding methods and details of repairs to ensure they are within set budgets;
- Monitors the ongoing activities in the garage, inspects completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations, and make sure defects are repaired or adjusted;
- Maintains and manages a daily record of repairs and services of vehicles undertaken and completed; detect recurrent faults and advise on areas of improvement to reduce breakdowns. Recommend further repairs to external garages to the Garage Manager ;
- Provides documentation, detailed instructions, or specifications that show mechanics how parts, equipment, or structures are to be assembled, modified, maintained, or used;
- Supports the Garage Manager in the development and implementation of operational changes to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of routine repair and maintenance programs;
- Manages the distribution of fuel and other vehicle consumables at the assigned garage and reconcile the garage and fuel stores inventory at the assigned location
- Prepares cost estimates based on forecasted and current needs of services, repair costs and spare parts in liaison with the Garage Manager;
- Monitors inventory of repair parts and equipment requisitions to ensure adequate stock replenishment and avoid stock outs. Ensures that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice in close liaison with the purchasing department;
- Maintain health and safety standards and ensuring all duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner;
- Diploma in Engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a similar garage operations
- Good knowledge of garage operations processes, and preventive maintenance
- Extensive knowledge on the repair and maintenance for standard motor propelled and electric vehicles
- Hands-on experience working as a Mechanic with an ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning automobiles.
- Experience working proactively as a member of a project team or organization and supervising employees of different skill sets
Interested , Qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject line Garage Supervisor .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.