Our client is a specialist value-added distributor of converged IP solutions to service providers, network operators, systems integrators and resellers across East Africa. We are looking for a senior Human Resource Officer for them.
Position : Senior Human Resource Officer
Salary : 150K – 200 K.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing executive procedures for industrial relations, resolving employee grievances effectively, and facilitating multi-party dialogue to ensure harmonious employer-employee relations within the organization and operations ensuring the organization is better able to manage and develop talent to drive high performance teams and operational excellence.
- Identify and lead change management initiatives, coaching of leaders, resource planning and implement cyclical activities as per the HR calendar
- Partner with the business leaders acting as a subject matter expert for Human Resource
- Proactively interprets and communicates on the application of HR policies, interpretation of labour regulations, employee disciplinary and performance management to ensure fair and equitable application
- Undertake workplace investigations and manage the implementation of the outcome
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting comply
- Create an environment in which differences are openly shared, embraced, and incorporated into the team’s activities.
- Fosters a culture that encourages and supports inclusion and diversity. Applies understanding of cultural differences to create value for the organization
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs, develops, and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Establish HR as a highly valued business partner with line management and all other key stakeholders.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices, reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Payroll processing includes delivering accurate payroll input, performing payroll controls and other payroll related activities.
- Continued development and improvement of the payroll process.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain HR database Update the employee’s information in SAP.
- Maintain and update employee’s files.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Coordinates an international team.
- Conducts HR analysis and reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years’ solid experience in sizable establishments.
- Must be a member of IHRM.
- Well versed in regional regulatory practices and knowledge in foreign employment market
- Self-starter who works well independently, able to articulate to all business levels and build strong rapport with internal stakeholders
- Strong people management skill and ability in building multicultural relationships
- Positive, continuously learning, strong capacity in problem-solving. Drive for excellence and flexible in approach
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
If you qualify and are up to the challenge ,send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line as Senior Human Resources Officer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.