Our Client is a horticultural company that deals with growing, sorting & grading, packaging of fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables for the export market. We are looking for an Agronomist for them.
Position: Agronomists .
Location: Various Locations.
- Managing a given growing region through:
- Supervising a group of technical advisors to source, contract, and guide farmers.
- Managing company resources in your region. This includes motorcycles, seeds, weighing scales, grading shades and company vehicles while they are in your region.
- Responsible for the implementation of the traceability system in the field
- The team leader of the food safety and quality risk assessment process.
- Recruitment of farmers taking into account the factors of distance, accessibility, water availability and the ability of the farmer. All farmers must have a valid growing contract
- Updating farmers register at all times.
- Offer technical advise to the farmers to ensure production of good quality and safe produce.
- Handle farmers complain and liaise with the relevant office to address the complaint
- Monitor the crop right from planting through growth up to harvesting time.
- The crop performance in the field should be reported in the weekly reports.
- Ensure that the farmers follow the growing guide and use the approved agrochemicals.
- Carry out planned trainings to all farmers on safe use of agrochemicals, hygiene and post
- Maintain the field activity records in your region (Planting, Scouting, Pesticide application and harvesting records).
- Advise the company on the best seed variety per region assigned.
- Supervise post-harvest processes up to the time the truck is loaded, locked and security seal put on the truck. In this, ensure that product substitution with any other produce from any other source does not happen.
- Develop a cohesive relationship with the stakeholders that are important to the achievement of the company goals. Such stakeholders include ministry of agriculture officials, HCD officials, agrovets, farmers, and local authority.
- Timely submission of reports pertaining to field production.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Degree/ diploma level in Agribusiness/ Agriculture economics or any other related field
- One years relevant work experience in the agricultural crop input sector
- Previous experience working in the horticultural sector in Kenya establishing smallholder schemes for vegetable production is an added advantage.
- Knowledge & practical experience of economic horticultural models
- Communication (both verbal & written)
- Multi stakeholder facilitation skills
- Organizational skills
- Intercultural sensitive
- Mastery Adult learning methodologies and training skills
If you Qualify and up to the challenge,send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,email subject Agronomist .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.