Our Client is a horticultural company that deals with growing, sorting & grading, packaging of fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables for the export market. We are looking for a Quality Control Supervisor for them.
Position:Quality Control Supervisor.
Salary Range : Ksh 40,000-50,000.
- Supervising the process of raw materials assessment at intake and ensuring proper allocation of raw materials based on their qualities relative to their intended use, with the aim of achieving maximum produce utilization for various clients.
- Raising and effectively distributing the relevant documents explaining the fate of delivered products. These documents include Intake records and produce highlights.
- Ensuring that all raw materials are placed on a “spacer Crate”
- Monitoring that the cold room arrangement is done in a way that air flow is facilitated
- Ensuring that the cold room is maintained within the right temperatures
- Ensuring that the cold chain regime is maintained and that analysis of materials at intake is decisive.
- At the beginning of every shift, confirm the quality of all raw materials in the cold stores and advise on any non-conforming materials and indicate on the stock sheet the expected yield of the raw materials.
- Ensuring that all materials issued to the production floor
- Ensuring that FIFO is followed all through.
- Responsible for the implementation of the traceability system in the pack house .
- Randomly monitor the quality of the products’ work in progress and advise when correction is required in such times as will not result in destructive reworks
- Ensure a daily start up check is done before the start of every shift and that the facility is in an acceptable state for the start up of production.
- Ensuring all scales and scales and thermometers are calibrated before issuance to pack house and other equipment are in good condition. Faulty equipment must be withdrawn from use and reported to the Pack house Manager and the maintenance team.
- To evaluate quality of shelf life samples in order to ascertain good quality, legality and conformance at end of life, and to report any concerns to the pack house management to facilitate incidence alert.
|BSc in Agricultural related field such as Horticulture, Agriculture, Food Science & TechnologyMinimum 3 years working experience in a pack house setting.Knowledge in Food Safety and Quality Management SystemsExcellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customersExcellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer serviceAbility to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
If you Qualify and up to the challenge,send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,email subject Quality Control Supervisor .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.