Our Client is a horticultural company that deals with growing, sorting & grading, packaging of fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables for the export market.We are looking for a hands-on,aggressive Assistant Operations Manager for them.
Position: Assistant Operations Manager.
Location : Nairobi.
Salary Range: Ksh 120k- 180K
- To be at the forefront in ensuring that the food safety and quality management systems in place are effectively implemented and monitored. This shall include the traceability systems right from the field to the end product.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans – production, quality, logistics, transport, maintenance, procurement and stores.
- Implement and monitor annual and medium term operational plans, programmes and projects to meet company objectives and within agreed timings.
- Provide timely technical support for redesign, development, implementation and continuous improvement of company objectives in line with the company vision and mission.
- Adapt and implement a Quality Management System.
- Timely monitoring, measuring and reporting operational issues, opportunity, development and achievements within agreed
- Play an active role in new product development in line with company existing and emerging strengths.
- Provide periodic and timely reports to the Managing Director for proper feedback and implementation.
- Liaise with other HODs to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purpose and achievement and also to help you understand the necessary aspects e.g. financial, legal etc for operational development.
- In liaison with the Finance Manager, prepare a budget for all departments.
- Ensure that the departments operate within set targets on both income and expenditure.
- Ensuring that each item and every material is stored in good condition where its performance is not affected
- Ensuring proper stocking of utility goods as well as other stores in terms of storage practices, capacity and other reorder levels.
- Facilitating preventive maintenance of equipment and machineries so as to extend their lives and reduce/eliminate equipment and machines downtime
- Facilitating corrective maintenance for faulty machines and equipment. This should be done in a way that repairs are done in the right way to bring the item back to working order within the shortest time possible.
- Facilitate both preventive and curative maintenance of all motor vehicles so as extend their lives and reduce/eliminate motor vehicles downtime
- Coordination of daily usage of the motor vehicles
- Manage the motor vehicle replacement policy and advise the management accordingly.
- Any other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- BSc in Agricultural related field such as Horticulture, Agriculture, Food Science & Technology
- Minimum of 5 years experience at a management level preferably in the export industry.
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
If you qualify ,send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Assistant Operations Manager .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.