We are looking for a hands-on,aggressive General Manager for our client. She/he will be responsible for the effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain the company’s objectives.
Position: General Manager.
Location : Nairobi.
- Defines the strategic objectives of the subsidiary, in collaboration with the management and has overall responsibility for achieving these objectives.
- Takes care of the motivation and development of the employees through organized activities to achieve both corporate and personal development goals.
- Directs all the physical operations of the company. These activities include but are not limited to; trucks and logistics follow-up, pick-up and delivery of produce from farmers, time management on handling the produce, and all related works.
- Responsible for preparing the subsidiary’s budget, presenting it for approval to the managing director and also responsible for achieving and exceeding the budget.
- Ensures that the company executive is fully informed about the situation of the company, the functions and all the major factors that affect them.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls (SOP’s), to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Evaluates performance based on goal setting and proposes improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment.
- Identify and report significant, commercial, financial, legal, and personnel issues, and develop appropriate measures to address these.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance. Most desirable are postgraduate studies in Business Administration.
- Previous working experience in a similar position for at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite Tools is preferred
- Ability to communicate and think analytically
- Ability to work under pressure
- Leadership – An influential, proactive and strong leader
- Social and capable of building interpersonal relationships with customers and co-workers
- An excellent negotiator
If you qualify ,send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line General Manager .KIndly indicate your expected salary .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.