Our Client Automotive Parts Manufacturers Association is looking to fill a position of a Production planner & Control Administrator . The candidate will ensure efficient and effective production planning and control for raw materials, machines and manpower to achieve production requirements and generate production reports.
Position: Production Planner and Control Administrator.
Reports To: Production Manager.
Location : Nakuru.
Salary : 40K.
- Determine production requirements from the sales requirement
- Breakdown product requirement into specific series wise and factory wise
- Determine the components required for each series
- Carry out capacity planning to determine volume of products per machine
- Determine machine loading and schedule on chant
- Ensure machine availability for production and taking into account the machine schedules and machine breakdowns.
- Ensure dies and tools availability for production and taking to account die service schedule and breakdown
- Ensure raw material availability through correct material calculation and following up with procurement function to avail raw materials at all times
- Prepare and update process maps taking into account manipulation methods of alternatives in case of obstacles in the production process for production of all products
- Ensure daily production reports (DPR) are correctly filled and link to production ghant chart.
- Communicate the production schedule to all stakeholders.
- Received back the DPR and make entry of actual versus planned in the production database.
- Receive components transfer slips and update the WIP database.
- Analyze production failures and communicate with the stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate progress of production and inform / coordinate with the production head
- Raise red flags when the production plan execution is affected and address delays or barriers
- Work closely with HR to determine manpower requirements, recruitment and staff development / training.
- Foster and promote collaborative team working
- Ensure PPC function is cost effective
- Attend cross functional team (CFT) meetings for troubleshooting, sensitization/knowledge sharing etc
- Maintain and update PPC database including machine loading sheets, formats, sheets, machine targets e.tc.
- Review raw material consumption reports and ensure efficient use of materials.
Skills & Qualifications.
- Degree in pure/applied statistics
- Proven over 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must have experience in use of Microsoft office skills, excel with good presentation skills
- Excellent report writing skills (facts,figures,data,numbers and analysis)
- Good data collection and interpretation
- Excellent coordination skills.
If you Qualify and up to the challenge,send your CV to email@example.com,email subject Production planner & Control Administrator . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.