Our Client is a leading convenient food service wholesaler in kenya.We look to fill the position of Pastry Chef for them.
Position : Pastry Chef.
Location : Nairobi.
Pastry Chef will ensure that fruit and bakery/pastry products achieve the set quality standards to meet client expectations.
- Plan the production of pastries, bread and a fruit to attain quality products at minimal cost by ensuring that adequate mise-en-place is prepared as per day’s menu and occupancy.
- Manage staff in the pastry section in order to achieve guest satisfaction by ensuring that the staff are trained on standard recipes of meal offer.
- Ensure proper use of tools and equipment in the section through ensuring the staff are conversant with the tools and equipment in the section.
- Ensure that set hygiene and safety practices are observed at all times by ensuring food is clearly labeled and stored correctly, fridges/cold rooms are kept clean and food arranged neatly on stainless steel shelves and expiry dates of food items especially dry goods are checked.
- Ensure proper/ correct use of chemicals and detergents to avoid contamination, wastage and damage to equipment.
- Understand visitors’ preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew restaurant menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy pastry and bakery kitchen.
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
How to ApplyIf you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title Pastry Chef to firstname.lastname@example.org .Kindly indicate expected salary.