Our Client is a leading convenient food service wholesaler in kenya.We look to fill a position of Head of Production for them.
Position:Head Of Production ( Food Industry)
Location : Nairobi.
Production managers will be responsible for ensuring consistent preparation and presentation of food, paying attention to general kitchen management in areas of hygiene, budgeted operational costs / expenses menu rotation so as to achieve expected yielding and exceed customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To ensure that all employees provide efficient, friendly, courteous and professional service at all times to clients satisfaction.
- To ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the departmental operations.
- Manage staff by providing an environment that enhances openness, trust and giving of feedback for effective and efficient productivity.
- To assign tasks / responsibilities to supervisors and subordinates and monitor / evaluate their productivity and efficiency in performing duties as assigned.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted / budget food costs is achieved by managing daily food cost, assuming responsibility for all expenses.
- Interact with clients to obtain feedback on food quality and communicate feedback to the team for individual product improvement where needed.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses / budgeted costs and ensure that all costs are controlled, through close monitoring without compromising on operating standards.
- Coordinate with the purchasing / stores department for acquisition of needed supplies, maintaining our standard on pricing, receiving, storage and requisition.
- Frequently review finished products for quality taste and presentation before the orders are served to clients.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies through monthly inventory checks, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To liaise and organize with the stewarding and maintenance department establish cleaning schedules and ensure the kitchen is acceptable hygiene standards.
- Ensure that departments are adequately staffed to handle per shift / daily level of business by timely preparation of staff weekly timetables besides scheduling of public holidays and planning of annual leave / vacation planner guide.
- Ensure that systems are in place to effectively handle clients complaints in an efficient and effective manner to the delight of the customer.
- To issue and follow-up on repairs and maintenance work orders and ensure proper works on the fittings and operating equipment in compliance with our brand standards.
- Create a team that works together with trust and takes responsibility to meet the goals of the department /company.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology or in a similar discipline
- At least 5 years of experience as a head food production in the food industry.
- Leadership Skills.
- Food and safety skills.
- Time-management Skills.
- Decision-making Skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title Head of Production to firstname.lastname@example.org . KIndly indicate expected salary.