We seek to Fill below position for in shipping industry for our client
Position: Business Development Executive-Shipping Industry.
Location: Nairobi (1) and Mombasa (1).
Employment Type :Permanent Contract.
Salary Range : 100K-150K.
Business development executive deals directly with customers aiming to develop, secure and maintain the most profitable business for the Company in accordance with the company’s objectives. The purpose of BDE is to produce optimum contributions for the Company by maintaining and enhancing the Company’s customer base through offering products that satisfy customers’ needs.
- Exceeding budget within designated territory
- Soliciting potential customers; developing existing customers; servicing and maintaining all accounts within assigned territory
- Evaluate customer potential and conduct MR sales planning in Qlikview
- Developing a sales pipeline in Sales Force to align to company aspirations and optimize vessel utilization in view of volume and profitability
- Developing account strategies
- Logging appointments, client contact In SalesForce.
- Monthly cycle of planning volumes by customer and trade relations
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships that enhance customer experience
- Identifying backup/support and delegating as necessary, for e.g. problem solving goes to customer services
- Manage and grow portfolio of customers and opportunities
- Cover MR and GEO from Customers ( push –pull) as defined in areas sales steering concept
- Focus on medium and large account
- Deal directly with customers to develop, secure and maintain most profitable business
- Conduct sales planning and performance management as defined in enhanced sales process including account planning : regular/ GAM NVO GAM/ BCO
- Approach customer through specified sales channels
- Where appropriate for their market, serve as specialist e.g. reefer, commodity, import etc.
- Prepare and conduct visits, report and follow up on visits
- Conclude contracts for MR customers ( proposal, negotiations and closing )
- Record commitments ( tender tracking / commercial )
- Drive CU business for foreign MR’s and adhere to push pull process
- Selectively engage in TM discussions on important matters e.g. tender guidance and negotiations, special commodity market rates etc.
- Feedback market information and give clear information to sales coordination regarding pricing requirements to enable future communications with TM and handover to customer service.
- Coordinating credit applications in coordination with Sales Manager and Finance
- Completing weekly activity reports to be tabled and discussed during weekly 1on1 with line manager
- Any other Sales related tasks as requested by the Management.
Key Qualifications /Skills /Experience.
- Communication Skills
- Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Active knowledge of sales techniques
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial role, preferably in the maritime sector
- Active knowledge of English “maritime” language
- MS Office Proficient
- Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and capacity for self-criticism
- Acknowledge signals
- Multi-dimensional thinking
- Courage to make decisions and accepting responsibility
- Capacity to support and inspire
- Open and honest attitude
If you qualify, send your CV to email@example.com indicating Business Development Executive as the subject line.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.