Our Client is an ICT solutions center with a presence in all African countries .We seek to fill a position of Finance Manager for them.
Role: Finance Manager (tax, compliance, treasury, reporting)
Reports to: MD Kenya
Salary : 300K.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the monitoring of all financial data and preparation of accurate statements for our company. The role includes budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits to ensure compliance. You will act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses. You will ensure all our accounting transactions comply with the law and support our company’s investments.
The role also includes being Treasurer to manage the organisation’s financial aspects from cash management to corporate finance. Senior management will also depend on you to report on and analyse relevant information.
The goal will be to protect the company’s finances to guarantee the long-term success of the business.
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Forecast costs and revenues,Manage tax payment,Organise internal audits.
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential investments and analyse financial trends.
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure company tax is in compliance with laws and regulations and within timeframe,Identify and mitigate tax risks.
- Coordinate accounting staff and assess their performance and manage tax provision and tax compliance process.
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices,manage and coordinate tax audits and maintain tax balances on general ledger.
- Prepare all tax papers on regular basis and handle all information data requests
- Perform risk management (liquidity, interest rates, ventures etc.)
- Assume responsibility for cash management procedures and manage the company’s investment activity and make decisions.
- Assist in the development of financing strategies and maintain relations with banks and rating agencies
- Provide advice in matters of corporate finance and prepare budgets and monitor expenditures
- Implement relevant legislation and policies and submit reports of present financial situation and forecasting
- 5 years solid experience in a finance role
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations and excellent math skills with an attention to detail.
- Time-management abilities and confidentiality.
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Work experience as a Tax Manager is a plus
- knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office and good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation a plus
- Experience as treasurer or in a relevant financial role a plus
- Knowledge of financial legislation, regulation and practices
- Knowledge of monetary market, investment management and financing techniques
How to ApplyIf you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title Finance Manager to email@example.com by by 19th April 2020.