Our Client is located in the Export Processing Zone (EPZ) in Athi River . They process whole beans, ground and capsule coffee. They are looking for a reliable Logistics Officer to be responsible for customs clearance for trucks and containers.
Location : Athi River.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Clearance process and release of vehicles from the clearing agent once cleared.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Processing (creation, arrival and clearance) of containers on Automate on arrival in Kenya and maintains proper records of all import documentation and freight details of units.
- Prepare accurate and timely customer documentation in accordance with the set company processes and procedures Government regulation standards.
- Ensure all correct fees and taxes are paid to the correct authorities .
- Adherence to internal and external policies and procedures as well as all statutory requirements and communicate any changes to management when changes take place.
- Prepare accurate and timely logistical evaluation reports, operational reports and supplier
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, retailers and consumers in scope
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints to enhance customer experience
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Preparing and submitting timely and accurate reports on periods/schedule advised
- Provide a performance statement to justify your experience, skills and competencies developed over the years, with focus to most outstanding ones.
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Officer.
- Must have knowledge of customs rules and laws for imports and exports.
- At least 2 years experience in the customs clearance of trucks and containers.
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply ChainQualifications
- Excellent communication skills to overseas and customers
- Ambitious & self-driven
- Strong analytical skills
How to ApplyIf you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title logistics Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org