Location :Mogadishu Somali.
Our client ; a community bank, is seeking to recruit a Head of ICT who will work in its main office in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful candidate should have intensive knowledge of ICT and must have previous management experience in ICT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the CEO and appropriate staff on developing the Bank’s ICT strategy and annual operational plan, ensuring synergy with organizational strategy and direction.
- Lead a team of IT and communications professionals to implement the ICT strategy and other policy documents, oversee the ICT business change program and deliver various business critical and support systems to a range of users across the Bank all the time.
- Keep abreast of technology trends which offer solid, appropriate, cost-effective ICT solutions to the Bank.
- Oversee the development and delivery of ICT products and services, in accordance with agreed service and performance standards, industry best practice and in alignment with Bank objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Control and manage capital expenditure and budgets, ensuring expenditure within the ICT function is appropriately managed, based on lean management principles, quality of service commitment and performance management.
- Participate in the procurement, supply and negotiation of ICT goods and services for the Bank in conjunction with Projects and Logistics professionals, as appropriate.
- Oversee all people management matters within the function. This includes the development of teams and individuals so as to enhance performance and potential.
- To manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communications forums with them.
- To maintain an ICT strategy that ensures the Bank is prepared for changes in the nature of its business, ICT and the needs of the local community.
- Perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- Update Executive committee with all the technology changes in place and work out a mechanism of updating the platforms to enable the bank keep a competitive position through appropriate technology platforms.
- Administer service contracts with ISPs to maintain the highest level of service to the Branches and minimize any network downtime due to technical difficulties; coordinates with ISPs for maintenance and installation; oversee maintenance and management of critical network elements.
- Coordinate and update top management on all vendors of computer systems to ensure the bank maintains a good relationship with vendors to have a better service guarantee from the vendors.
- Coordinate the processes of updating the intranet to ensure standard procedures in the department.
- Work with other department heads to implement automation processes aimed at improving efficiency in the bank’s different areas of operations.
- Evaluate all ICT updates/upgrades and advise management on all changes in the technology platform bearing in mind the costs and benefits.
- Prepare and test the bank’s disaster recovery plans for information systems.
- Regularly prepare Management reports on the departmental activities.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as and when required by other stake-holders.
- IT Equipment Vendor management.
- Overall Supervisory responsibility involving conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates.
- Ensure a centralized Help-desk service is provided to all staff members.
- Monitor compliance with ICT best practice, policies and procedures.
Qualification and Skills:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Computer Management/Information Technology or relevant IT related Qualification.
- Relevant Practical training in ICT management in the financial services sector.
- Professional Certification such as Oracle Certified Professional (OCA,OCP), Sun Solaris Systems/Network/Security Administrator, Cisco Certification etc, are desirable.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with good organizational and administrative skills.
- Sound knowledge of general banking law and operational practices.
- Ability to translate strategy into achievable performance objectives.
- At least seven years’ professional experience in ICT Management, of which 4 years must have been in banking, in a management role including delivery of major projects.
- Good knowledge of best practices in ICT in the banking industry.
- Working experience in the LAN/WAN environment.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and or Oracle Administration Environment.
- Good management skills of technical support staff.
- Current Knowledge of Computer Hardware and Software trendy.
- Knowledge and skill in basic computer programming, preferably using c/c++, java, Oracle tools (SQL*PLUS and PL/SQL) and UNIX Shell scripting..
- Project Management skills i.e. Timely delivery of planned core Projects.
- Good leadership, results oriented, agile & adaptable, analytical and systematic thinking skills.
- Liaising with vendors for quotations and supply of equipment and service delivery
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Head of ICT as the subject line.Kindly Indicate your expected salary.