The main purpose of a Warehouse Supervisor is to direct finished goods evacuation, receipts, warehousing and distribution operations. To oversee the efficient receipt, storage, finished goods re-handling and dispatch to customers.
He/ she will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Inventory team and ensuring the workflow and supervision of the team is effective and obstacles to the process are cleared.
- Coordinate the storage of products as per the defined standards during intake, accurately confirm products and sign the delivery notes.
- Coordinate storage of products as per the defined standards ensuring FIFO is adhered to.
- Ensure that all dispatched products match the orders 100% and must be dispatched to the correct depots or routes 100%.
- Ensure compliance to warehouse safety and housekeeping standards.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Plan and facilitate inventory management, demand planning and ensure sufficient stocks are maintained
- Conduct stock count accurately at the warehouse and account for any variances.
- Receive and record returns from the production department.
- Labour productivity and cost Ensure that every person at the warehouse involved in the picking, packing, staging, loading and off loading process handles no less than the prescribed tons of product per hour and keep all labour cost at the warehouse to receive and dispatch stock at a prescribed minimal
- Ensure that all records at the warehouse including but not limited to stock count documents, handover documents, attendance records are accurately filled as per the defined timelines.
- Regular layout review and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in purchasing and supplies management
- Minimum 3 years of experience with at least 2 year in the food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge and experience in inventory management
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Experience in stock control and dispatch planning.
- Very good communication and organization skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- High energy and enthusiasm