Locations : Mogadishu, Somali.
Salary : USD 1000.
Language: Fluent in Somali.
We are looking for an Internal Auditor for our client who will work in Mogadishu City, Somalia. The successful candidate should have knowledge of English and Somali Language.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to the Directors.
Key competencies /requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a busy internal/external audit environment.
- Good knowledge of Audit Systems.
- Must have a high level of integrity
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Somali Language will be deemed a strong added benefit
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Internal Auditor to firstname.lastname@example.org .