The supervisor will be responsible for the daily operations of the production department. to ensure that production meets health, sanitation, and quality standards set by the company. He/she will also be responsible for coordinating shifts, arranging schedules, and monitoring employees
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that manpower requirement is efficiently and properly distributed in all the machines hence appropriately advising the HR in regard to this
Ensuring all the extra duties are done and managing extra employees, in case of any
- Supervising/ Inspection of incoming and outgoing employees during shift change over This is inclusive of ensuring proper change over and hand over from one shift to another
- Monitoring staff attendance and reporting appropriately in case of absence.
- Ensuring all staff conduct themselves properly according to the rules and regulations of the company i.e. ensuring high standards of discipline.
- Overseeing the general production process and preparing supervisor’s reports and handling it over to the Factory Manager at the end of every shift.
- Ensuring fairness and equality in all duties given to the general workers, emphasis on motivating the new staff by support and understanding not by harassment.
- Ensuring all staff is in full and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensuring pet packers follow the required packing procedure and packaging standards provided and signing the provided packaging checklist.
- Offering first aid in case of accidents and reporting any incidents and hazards to the management.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical plant option
- At least three yrs experience in supervising production, preferably a
food manufacturing plant.
Knowledge of OSHA (Factories act)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good organizational and time management skills
- High level of integrity and reliability.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Production Supervisor to email@example.com Kindly Indicate your expected salary.