Our Client is a leading provider of insurance covers seeks to fill the position for Deputy Claims Manager.
Reports to: Claims Manager.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Deputy Claims Manager shall be responsible for managing the administrative, co-ordination and operations of the Claims, Legal, Medical & Investigations Department, including supervising staff in the section;
The position shall provide high level support to the Claims Manager making important contributions to the financial and operating success including preparing reports and registers, file allocation and diary management when required from time to time;
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing of judgments & dismissals and ensure they are paid within the stay of execution including clearing the existing backlog
- Handle all Summons issued but pending KM ref
- Identify and give directions on all hanging files i.e. not in KM nor claims
- Direct settlement of exiting & new claims including handling with the SACCOs
- Handle Proclamations & flagging inter parties dates & stay conditions
- Master file review and identify issues that need to be resolved
- Coordination with all departments on urgent files
- Approve revocation letters from investigations
- Tasks clearance
- Performing and coordinating all administrative and operational functions.
- Oversee, maintain, analyze and interpret financial data and propose solutions .
- Oversee and manage the Court Proceedings
- Court proceedings managements-attendance, quality of court performance
- Set up, oversee and manage the Law Firm Attendance viz a viz Court atten
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports with proposed solutions to issues identified among others:
- Assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions, monitor status of pending item, provide follow up and keep management informed by communicating a wide variety of information.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Law; Business Administration or other related field from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Diploma in Legal Studies and accounting qualifications
- Proficiency in use of computer applications;
- At least 5 Years’ experience in legal/finance/general office administration and finance management
- Experience in insurance industry will be an added advantage.
- Organizational, conceptual and analytical, managerial and decision making skills;
- A very high level of attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Strong Administrative skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong professional communication skills
- Ability to get well with diverse workforce;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Positive working attitude;
- Excellent litigation and negotiation skills
- Ability to give and take instructions;
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Deputy Claims Manager to email@example.com. Indicate your expected salary.