• In-charge of the accounts department
• Ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in the Branch are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures.
• Timely reporting including project financial reports as well as management reports
• Preparation of the payroll on a monthly basis
• Review cashbooks and cashbook reconciliations weekly.
• Maintain accounting records including contracts and change orders
• Preparation of year-end schedules for corporate income tax returns and annual audit.
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
• Preparation and processing of various journal entries related to general accounting.
• Compile and review subsidiary ledgers and financial statements.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting systems and controls in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
• Preparation of annual budgets
• Perform special projects as directed by the Branch Manager and the Head of Finance.
• Assist Program Officers in developing and seeking approvals for activity budgets and expenditure.
• Maintain budget control and monitor cash flows for all projects activities.
• Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
• Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field desired. • At least a year experience working in an accounting function. • At least a year of progressive working experience in rural environments. • Computer literacy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. • Preparing monthly financial reports for internal and external use on income and expenditure • Overall management of petty cash and its related activities including documentation • Knowledge of pastel, quick books or either will be an added advantage