Location: Nairobi , Kenya.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement and supply chain Manager for our client .He/She will manage the company’s supply of products and services by strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. His duty will be to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Qualification and Experience
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement for at least 2 years.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Procurement and Supply Chain Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly Indicate your expected salary.