Our Client is a leading provider of insurance covers seeks to fill the position of a Medical Nurse.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Nurse will be responsible for assisting the doctor in analysis of medical claims arising from road traffic accidents and will play a key role in the provision of a second, medical opinion on the nature of injuries sustained.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and report writing pertaining to the confirmation of diagnosis made and treatments administered with claims and reporting on the same.
- Authentication, Analysis, Interpretation and verification of medical treatment records pertaining to accident claims.
- Responsible for highlighting misdiagnosis and/ or irregular medical records.
- Preparation of medical reports and statistics.
- Understanding of medical health facility procedures and medical records.
- Re-examination of road traffic accident victims in order to provide a second opinion.
- Any other responsibilities will be communicated to the Officer from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution
- KRCHN Registered with Nursing Council of Kenya and must possess a valid license
- Must have at least two (2) years’ working experience in a busy hospital facility.
- Working experience in the insurance industry is an added advantage.
- Basic MS office skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Superior analytical and report writing skills.
- High moral and ethical standards with independence of mind and ability to defend his/her position on significant issues.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
- Ability to take initiative and pay attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Medical Nurse to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate your expected salary.